In Benton County, the economic and societal impact of drug abuse is tremendous. Most tragic, the victims of drug abuse are often times children of the abusers.
The Impact of Drug & Alcohol Abuse on a Family can be Devastating.
What You Need to Know to Make a Difference in Your Child:
- 70% of U.S. crimes & 35% of felonies in Benton County are drug-related.
- 1 out of 3 school children will try illegal drugs, talk with your kids.
- Families that eat dinner together have far less drug problems. Teens learn best from their mistakes, be accepting and encouraging.
- Risk-taking behaviour is a normal part of adolescent development.
- Be encouraging, calm, positive & truthful – never exaggerate the dangers.
- Open, honest communication is a parent’s best influence to teach sensible decision making – always listen to their point-of-view & then express yours.