How to Collect Your Hot Checks
Get a Merchant Packet for your business. The Merchant Packet will contain Collection Instructions, Arrest Warrant Affidavit Forms and Hot Check Warning signs for display at your store and registers.
Request your free
Before accepting a Check, you MUST do the following :
- Make sure the check has today’s date on it and not a past or future date.
- On the face of the check
, initial the check and write the driver’s
license number and state below your initials.
- Your handwriting must always be legible.
- Confirm the identity of the person writing the check with a valid Arkansas Driver’s License or Arkansas Identification Card. If the writer can produce neither, notify your supervisor.
- Always obtain a permanent street address – a post office box is not sufficient.
Once has been returned delinquent :
- Completely fill out the Affidavit for Warrant of Arrest tri-copy forms that came in your Merchant Packet. Please print clearly.
- The Affidavit needs to be notarized and the white and yellow part needs to be returned to this Office along with the original check. The pink copy is for your records.
- Once the Check is turned over to the Hot Check Division, you may no longer accept payment. Payment must only be made through the Hot Check Division.
To obtain an instruction form and affidavit: click here.