Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make financial donations to the BCHPC? Yes; The BCHPC is authorized to accept financial donations from both public and private funding. See our Ordinance for further information.
Can I make gift donations to the BCHPC? Yes; The BCHPC is authorized to accept property comprehending historical sites, artifacts & other antiquities of historical & cultural interest.
Can I attend a meeting of the BCHPC? Yes; All meetings are open to the general public & comply with the relevant freedom of information regulations. We meet the 2nd Thursday of every month at 12:00 noon at our office: 306 NW 2nd Street Bentonville, AR 72712 or call 479.273.3561.
How do I list property on the National Historic Registry? The National Park Serive is a Great place to start your research. Click here for NPS Website
Who should I contact about my family’s genealogy records in Benton County? Visit the Northwest Arknasas Geneology Society’s Website. Click here for NWA Geneology or The Archive Departments in both the County & Circuit Clerk’s Offices are very useful resources.
How do I report a cemetery in need of restoration? Contact Toni Fenton with location information.
How can I help the BCHPC to preserve our history? We have many projects and upcoming events that we would love you to be a part of! Please continue to check our news for further information.
What if I have a question that is not answered on this page? Please contact us by email or by phone 479-273-3561.