The County Clerk issues and maintains Marriage Licenses, DBA Certificates, and Ministers’ Certificates of Record. The County Clerk also keeps a record of all corporation filings within the county.
In light of concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus and our attempts to minimize contact between our employees and the public, the procedures for obtaining a marriage license have been modified.
Some things to consider:
- Marriage licenses will be issued by appointment ONLY
- You may obtain a license in any county in Arkansas, and use it to get married anywhere in the state. It is not necessary to get a license either from the county in which you reside, or in the county in which you are getting married.
- The license must be returned to the issuing county within 60 days of the issue date, so if your wedding is not coming up in the next week or so, you might consider waiting until closer to the date to get your license — most couples wait until a few days prior to the wedding.
- Some limited contact with our employees will still be required, so please do not come to pick up a license if you are symptomatic, or have had exposure to any illness.
- There will be paperwork to sign; you are welcome to bring your own pens – either blue or black.
- Payment will be accepted via cash ($60.00) exact amount only or credit/debit cards ($62.80).
If you have any further questions please email us at email@example.com