Step 1: Ensure you meet one of the qualifications below. Common reasons to vote absentee include active military service abroad, residency abroad, physical illness, or physical disability.
Absentee Voting Qualifications
1. Any person who will be unavoidably absent from his voting place on the date of election.
2. Any person who will be unable to attend the polls on Election Day because of illness or physical disability.
Step 2: Download and print the application form and instructions appropriate for your circumstances. Return the application form as indicated in the instructions.
- Regular Absentee Ballot Application and Instructions
- Military and Overseas Citizens Absentee Ballot Application and Instructions
Step 3: Once you receive your ballot, cast your absentee ballot following these instructions.
Your application will be valid for one calendar year
- For persons who reside outside the county in which they are registered to vote
- For persons of long-term care or residential facilities licensed by the state
- For persons who are disabled voters as defined in ACA 7-5-311(d)
One election cycle (any one (1) election and the corresponding run-off election):
- For persons who reside within the county in which they are registered to vote.