Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Circuit Clerks office have blank forms (Deeds, Mortgages, etc)?

We do not provide any legal forms for deed, mortgages, etc. You must contact an attorney, title company, or if you know how to fill out the forms yourself, many office supply stores carry them.

Where can I get a list of the foreclosure sales?

All foreclosures sales are listed on the Foreclosures page.

What is needed to bid at a commissioner’s sale?

  • if paying in full the day of the sale: a check in the full amount of the bid
  • if paying 10% down the day of the sale*:

    • a letter of credit from a loaning institution stating an adequate line of credit for the remaining 90% balance **
    • a bond to the court for the remaining 90% balance to be paid within a court-designated time period

* All sales not paid in full the day of the sale bear interest at the court-set rate (i.e., 10% per annum).

** This letter needs to be given to the Commissioner prior to the sale.

Can I pay with a personal check on commissioner sale?

Yes.  However, the Commissioner reserves the right to request a cashier’s check for payment.

Where do I pick up the paperwork to file for a divorce?

The Benton County Circuit Clerk’s Office does not provide forms to file for divorce.

The Office of the Circuit Clerk is prohibited by law from giving legal advice.

Where do I file my notary information?

Notary information is filed in the Recorder’s Office, located at 215 East Central Avenue, room 202. For more information on becoming a Notary Public, see the Arkansas Secretary of State web site.

How do I get a passport?

Passport applications are located in the Recorder’s Office, located at 215 East Central Avenue, room 202.

If you need to know more then click the Passport Information page.

See the fee schedule for information on cost and what to bring when you apply for a passport. You may also wish to visit the Passport Services Office for further details and a copy of the passport application.

If you need a copy of your birth certificate for your passport application and were born in Arkansas, contact the Arkansas Division of Vital Records & Certificates . If you were born in another state, contact the government offices for the county or state in which you were born.

 Please arrive by 4:00 pm in order for us to have ample time to process your application.

Can I get a copy of my marriage license?

Marriage licenses are located in the County Clerk’s Office , located at 215 East Central Avenue , room 217.

Call 479-271-1013 for more information.

Can I get a copy of my birth certificate?

Birth certificates are kept at the Bureau of Vital Records in Little Rock. For births outside Arkansas, contact the government offices of the state of birth.

Where do I get a power of attorney (POA)?

POAs are generally prepared by an attorney. Once issued, it needs to be filed in the Recorder’s Office,located at 215 East Central Avenue , room 202.

What’s the contact information for the District Courts?

Websites & phone numbers for the Arkansas State court system as well as Benton County District Courts can be found on the District Court Directory.

How do I pay my ticket or change my court date for a misdemeanor?

Contact the appropriate District Court for misdemeanors. This information may be found on the issued ticket.

Note: Circuit Court is for felony cases or appeals that have been sent up from District court.

What are the filing fees to record a document?

Filing fees are set by State Law; please see Filing Fees on the Circuit Clerk’s web page.

Is there an extra fee for documents that do not meet requirements?

According to state law, documents failing to meet requirements may be denied. The Clerk’s Office returns the document with an explanation attached. If the recorder waives the requirements of §14-15-402-(b) (1) for good cause, an additional fee of $25.00 will be required.

How do I file a materialman’s lien?

Please note the Office of the Circuit Clerk is prohibited by law from giving legal advice does not provide materialman’s lien forms nor instruct on document preparation.

To record the materialman’s lien bring the following to the Recorder’s Office ( 215 East Central Avenue , room 202):

  • The prepared and notarized document
  • Proof the person upon whom you are placing the lien has been notified (i.e., certified mail receipt)
  • Recording fee of $15.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page

What are the office hours for recording? Is the office open during lunch?

The office is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and does not close for lunch. However, for operational efficiency recording ends at 4:15 p.m.; remaining records will be processed on the following business day.

Who should I inform about late payments?

For late or delinquent payments, contact Judicial Collections at 479-271-1081 .

I would like to modify the terms of my sentence. Who do I contact to request lower payments in exchange for community service/time served?

Only a court order signed by the judge can modify terms. The Office of the Circuit Clerk is prohibited by law from giving legal advice.

What forms of payment does the Circuit Clerk’s Office accept?

The Benton County Circuit Clerk’s office (including the Juvenile Division) only accepts cash and cash equivalents at this time:

Cash is accepted in exact change only.
Checks are accepted.  Please make checks payable to Benton County Circuit Clerk or BCCC (DL# and phone# are required).
Money order
Cashier’s check
Credit card
American Express not accepted at this time
Debit card

How do I start child support ordered by the court?

A party to the case should contact the office to set it up. Forms are available in advance if needed.

I receive child support from the Clearinghouse in Little Rock. Can your office help?

No, the Circuit Clerk’s office is unable to assist. Additional information on assistance is available through the Child Support Clearinghouse at (866) 428-8382 and the local Child Support Enforcement Office at (479) 770-5443.

I have recently moved and need to inform the Child Support Office. Can I do so over the telephone?

No, all address changes must be in person or in writing and faxed to the Child Support Office at (479) 271-5719. We are unable to do this by phone for security reasons.

Can I access and view my child’s Juvenile Division file?

No, access to Juvenile Division files is strictly confidential. Only the attorney for record and authorized staff can look at the file, unless otherwise ordered by the judge.

Where can I find the required cover sheets for new case filings under the Civil, Domestic Relations or Juvenile divisions of Arkansas Circuit Court?

Download the required Arkansas Circuit Court Civil or Domestic Relations cover sheets or go to the Arkansas Judiciary web site. See also: child support confidential information sheet.

Who do I contact for State of Arkansas Judgments?

The Circuit Clerks office files the judgments for record, but if you have questions regarding your payment, you need to contact the Department of Finance at or 501-682-5000.

Who do I contact for Federal tax liens?

The Circuit Clerks office files the liens for record, but if you have questions regarding your payment, you need to contact the IRS at or (800) 829-1040. Their local office is located at 35 E. Mountain, Fayetteville, AR 72701-5315 479-442-3948.