Building Safety Home

Department Menu

Building Safety

Effective 11/28/2023, Benton County will no longer require building permits for residential group U structures in unincorporated areas. This includes detached shop buildings with no living space, carports, storage buildings, decks, and fences. However, permits will still be required for any structure attached to a residence. Also, we will still require a permit for new plumbing, electrical, or HVAC work. Please note that we may require a copy of the approved septic permit or verification for plumbing permits. If no permit is required for your project, you will still need to contact our Planning Office so they can review your site plan.

The Building Safety Department (formerly Community Risk Reduction) is responsible for building permits, inspections, and code compliance for unincorporated Benton County. Residents building a commercial or residential structure in unincorporated Benton County can request an inspection or permit through the Benton County website.

Looking for information about permits and what is required to obtain one?

Your guide to the Benton County residential building permit and inspection process

Do you have questions about what inspections are done?

What are the current codes being enforced by Benton County?

Want to apply for and submit a permit online?

Would you like to request an inspection or check the status of an inspection online?

Do you have a question regarding permit fees?

  • Director

    Gary Yarno


    Administration Building

    215 E Central Ave.
    Bentonville, AR 72712
    (Location open as of October 2, 2023)

    8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Open through lunch






    Report Storm Damage, Debris Removal, Community Resources, County Closures

    The Benton Building Safety Office has moved to 215 E Central Ave. Bentonville, AR 72712

    Important information about department moves.