• Do I need a permit?

    – Building Code R105.1 Required. States: “Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulate by this code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.”

  • How much is a permit?

    – View our fee schedule here.

  • What inspections are done?

    – View our inspection policies here.

  • How long is my permit valid?

    – Permits are valid for 6 months, as long as the project is active and inspections are being conducted. Extensions can be requested in writing. If a permit has expired, it can be re-opened for a $50 fee

  • Do I have to use a licensed contractor?

    – As the property owner, you are allowed to perform the work yourself. However, if you choose to use contractors they will need to have a current contractor’s license. A copy of their license will need to be submitted with your permit application.

  • Do I need a driveway permit?

    – If you are creating a new driveway connection to a county-maintained road, a driveway permit will need to be submitted for approval. Please contact the Road Department at 479-271-1057 to obtain this permit.

  • Do I need a Code Study?

    – All commercial projects will require a Code Study Analysis.

  • Do I need Engineered Stamped Plans?

    – YES – If more than 5000 square feet or larger, 3 or more stories or if group “A” is over 50 Occupant load.

  • Do I need architectural stamped plans?

    – YES – if the valuation based off of the Code Study Analysis is more than $100,000

  • Do I need computer generated plans without an architectural stamp?

    – YES – if the valuation based off of the Code Study Analysis is less than $100,000

  • Do I need Stamped Engineered Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing Plans?

    – YES – If the occupancy Type is A/E/I (Assembly, Educational, Institutional)

  • Do I need a Fire Life Safety Plan?

    – YES – If the valuation based off of the Code Study Analysis is more than $100,000

  • Do I need an Asbestos Report?

    – YES – if you are doing a commercial remodel or Demo Project