Benton County Clerk
Frequently Asked Questions

Can I register to vote if I'm an international student?

You must decide which county you consider “home.” If you intend to return to live in your home county, then list your parents’ address as your residence.
If you do NOT intend to return there, then list your college address as your residence. Remember: you must keep your residence address CURRENT on your voter registration. This requirement often persuades college students to use their parents’ address, which may be less likely to change repeatedly.

How can I register to vote if I'm in the military?

You may register to vote in the office of the county clerk in the county in which you reside or you may register using the mail registration form.
  • Federal Law requires that a single Federal Post Card Application (FPCA SF-76) simultaneously serves all states and territories as both a registration form and application for absentee ballot.
  • Military personnel may contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) of their Voting Assistance Officer for further information or to obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).
  • Call 1-800-438-8683 or e-mail the program at or visit the website:

Can I register to vote in Benton County if I own property or work in Benton County but live in another county?

You must register to vote wherever you actually "ive or reside." Owning property or a business in a county does not constitute residency there.